The Founder’s Dojo Regulations
by Morihei Ueshiba
- Aikido decides life and death in a single strikeso students must carefully follow the instructor’s teaching and not compete to see who is the strongest.
- Aikido is the way that teaches how one can deal with several enemies. Students must train themselves to be alert not just to the front but to all sides and the back.
- Training should always be conducted in a pleasant and joyful atmosphere.
- The instructor teaches only one small aspect of the art. Its versatile applications must be discovered by each student through incessant practice and training.
- In daily practice first begin by moving your body and then progress to more intensive practice. Never force anything unnaturally or unreasonably. If this rule is followed, then even elderly people will not hurt themselves and they can train in a pleasant and joyful atmosphere.
- The purpose of Aikido is to train mind and body and to produce sincere, earnest people. Since all the techniques are to be transmitted person-to-person, do not randomly reveal them to others, for this might lead to their being used by hoodlums.
taken from http://www.aikiweb.comaikido
Tags: Aikido Dojo RegulationYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.